Tuesday, September 20, 2011

{featured vendor} Couture Foto


                              



We are excited to announce that the talented Brandon Humes of Couture Foto has joined the line up for I Do! Couture Foto is a high end wedding photography studio based in Agoura Hills, Ca. We have interviewed Couture Foto's lead photographer, Brandon Humes, who has been apart of over 300 weddings and enjoys his job as you can see from his work. We wanted to ask him a few questions that you may ask when interviewing photographers for your own wedding

What should a Bride and Groom look for when picking their photographer?


I'm sure every photographer will answer this differently, but for me, the most important thing is the relationship between my clients and I. If the clients come info my studio and we instantly hit it of, laughing and just having a good time it will be good match. If we're able to have a good time with just sitting on the couch talking, I know I will be able to get those true expressions in my camera on one of the most important days of their lives because they are comfortable and confident that we will get the job done.



How do you describe your photography style?
My style... Interesting question... I would have to say I switch it up throughout the day because every part of the wedding day is so different. I start out creative with the getting ready pictures, fashion forward with the bridal portraits, then more romantic, timeless, fun but yet classy for the bride and groom pictures then just plain out fun with the bridal party, more on the traditional side with family portraits and ceremony and then light and airy on the dance floor capturing true expressions. I think that over the 8 years that I have been a professional wedding photographer this is really the valuable thing that I have learned because it is so important to me to be able to adapt to certain situations and groups. I always think that 20 years down the line, our work is going to still be classy and timeless opposed to only shooting photojournalistic images.
Why do you do what you do?
I'm a wedding photographer because I love moments captured at a 1000th of a second that will not be able to be recreated, to be able to capture a moment in time that will last forever is just so satisfying to me. To know that my pictures leaving my studio will be on peoples walls forever just gives me goosebumps. I also love the pressure of weddings because there're hundreds of pictures that have to be captured that I have to go to any extreme to get for my clients even when the makeup runs 45 minutes behind.
What motivates you?
A lot of my motivation comes from 2 tangible items in my studio, one of those items is a book of thank you cards from my past clients. Every so often I look through it and realize how many people I have touched in life, after reading a few, I'm ready to go shoot and crush it. The other is a framed portrait of my parents from their wedding day that hangs in my studio reminding me even after 20 something years that this one picture tells a story and was their first heirloom and will be cherished for generations to come.
Make sure to stop by Brandon's booth and check out his {STUNNING} work in person! 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment